Welcome to Our Lady of Loreto
A tribute to all those who serve in this Parish then and now.Early in 1958, Mrs Helene Connolly visited the English Medium Primary School with a view to finding out how many Catholics were registered there. In this way, she was able to make contact with all those families who then formed the nucleus for the start of the Catholic Church in Kempton Park.The very first Holy Mass was celebrated in the staff room of the English Medium Primary School. Kempton Park was assisted by Germiston Parish, and each Sunday a priest would celebrate the Eucharist together with this small Body of Christ. Our thanks are given to Fathers Daverin, Fitzsimons, Brennan, Fidgeon, Clark and Peron for serving us so faithfully in those early days.Very quickly the staff room became too small, the numbers increased and we moved into the School Hall.Jimmy and Helene scouted around for vacant land and in 1967 found the ground which would become the home of our present parish. Mr Friedman sold the ground to the Bishop. The first Parish Priest, Fr Victor Kotze, was appointed and Our Lady of Loreto Parish was slowly but surely established.